Growler Bar Etiquette
What are Growlers/Howlers?
Growlers and Howlers are refillable beer containers. They are commonly sold at breweries and brewpubs as a means to sell takeout craft beer. With the popularity of craft beer, these containers are becoming an increasingly popular format in North America.
A 1.89L growler is $4.00 (not including fill); a 946 ml howler is $3.00 (not including fill).
How do I buy and fill Growlers/Howlers?
Purchase an empty growler or howler at any Growler Bar location or bring your own clean bottle. Staff will fill the bottle with your choice of beer listed at the Growler Bar.
Your growler/howler will remain fresh 7-10 days sealed. Please drink within 2 days of opening. Keep filled growlers cold and store away from direct sunlight.
- Staff will be happy to fill/re-fill your growler.
- We will fill/re-fill any 1.89L growler or 946ml howler as long as the container is clean and undamaged and features a fill window.
- Customers are responsible for cleaning their own bottles.
- To clean your bottle, warm wash, sanitize, rinse and air dry. Do not use fat or oil based ingredients. Store with the lid off. (Brushes and sanitizers are available for sale).
- Empty growlers/howlers are not redeemable for refund. You do not pay a deposit on the bottle when purchased. Keep it clean and reuse it as many times as you like.
- Try before you buy! Samples are available.